Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Comp Media Midterms and Ponokoooooo

Hey lovers.

Finally finished!!!



Doing the background in vectors was really tedious. If you zoom in and look at all the leaves/flowers/branches, they're all individually drawn. It was so frustrating at first because I had been sitting in class for 3 hours, but after stopping and going throughout the rest of the week, it got easier. Plus, on the right side I just copied and pasted what I had for the left and adjusted it. I think the peach turned out pretty well- not as smooth as Stuart Stein's flower but I still liked.

I don't know how I feel about the fonts... I'll probably come back and look at it later to see what I wanna do about it. I chose Georgia because... obviously- Georgia peaches. And I chose Okkervil because I'm obsessed with a couple of Okkervil River's songs right now- It Ends With A Fall and Okkervil River Song. I tried to get Christine and Paul to help me think of a peach company name haha but they didn't seem appropriate so I went with Perfectly Plump.

These are my other 2 projects that I'm turning in for my project. I hate the text because it seems so cheesy but Stuart wanted them.



Ponoko!!!



This is my pop up lighting project for Jewelry/Metals. They're Illustrator drawings, and I sent them this past Monday to Ponoko.com to be laser cut from a light blue tinted acrylic plate. I'm really excited about how this is gonna turn out, except it cost me $58.57 so I almost passed out hah. I decided to just add those last pieces for the hell of it just to have something made and not waste that whole corner of the material. I hope all the measurements turned out correctly- I went over it a million times so it should be fine.

It's really difficult to explain how it'll all fit together so I'll just put a picture up when it's finished.

I made that Green Lantern symbol for Sam, an anchor for me and Allison, Kelsey's name for her, and that bird for moi.

:)

Pre-Halloween was mad fun. :) I loved my costume, I've been dying to do that since I was in 6th grade. I wish I had some feather headpiece though. And a bigger necklace. And gloves and a cigarette holder stick thing. Hah I still got this weekend.

Some of my fav pictures of the night.


a. The sweetie and me! She helped me last semester with my final Design project. I wish she went to Towson.
b. The bestie (Sam) and me

It's beautiful outside today.

+Love+


These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it

New York, New York

I wanna wake up in a city
That doesn't sleep

And find I'm king of the hill

Top of the heap

-Cat Power

No comments:

Post a Comment