Friday, January 22, 2010

Almost Back To the Playground

Hey lovers.

I have to start counting how many times I say "I should be sleeping but..."

...but school starts in 2 days and I know I won't be able to go to sleep unless I write all this out.

Good lord, it's cold. I can't wait to go back to school with the heat. Except I know Meg likes to keep the window open so haha.



I made the above headbands and Allison and I both made a nautical bracelet.




Allison made these headbands, that ring, the rose pin, and the bow hairpin.

I made a red hairpin but I didn't feel like it was that big of a deal to take a picture. I loved all the stuff we made, they're pretty legit. We got our inspiration from Anthropologie and my incessant insistance that "I could soooo make that." :) It was so fun! We spent all day baking delicious Boston Creme Sexy Lo-Fat Vegan Cupcakes. My gosh, vegan pudding is the most delicious thing I've ever had in my life. I was addicted.

I have found my new favorite photographer.

Sarah Michelle Gellar

My favorite- Kristin Bell

That would be Randall Slavin. I can almost pick out his style from anywhere. I haven't seen all of his work or done too much research haha but I absolutely fell in love with this portrait:

I don't know who it is but it might be someone famous- he does a LOT of portraits of famous people. There's this distinctive flawless glow to every one of his pictures and everything looks completely natural, as if its all flowing. I always feel like there's a stream of flowing air or something.


So anyways- school. I can't wait to get back, I miss my social life! I hardly saw anyone this break as much as I'd have liked to and I miss Sam. I got really lazy this break and hardly felt like going out anyway. Will is up in New York right now... I wonder how he's doing? He wants me and Sam to come up mid-February but that's going to be extremely difficult for me to do. I want to, SO bad because I was pretty upset I didn't get to go last week. But I have to work and I have classes that will be difficult to miss. Plus I already put all that money I had saved for the failed NY trip last week into the California savings. It'll be hard to take it back out.

I can't wait to start all my classes. I absolutely love the classes I'm taking this semester. Last semester was almost purely gen eds and it was killing me (not to mention my GPA). This semester is all art! And I'm taking another Jewelry class, a Materials class (which I can't wait to see what it'll be like!), Painting I with my absolute most favorite professor EVER, Paul Jeanes, a digital concepts class and a couple of art history classes that I'm sure will be alright.

I've got work tomorrow. I have to be up in 6 hours and I still have to take a shower. And I have a lot to get done tomorrow to pack back up for Towson on Sunday. Which means I should go now, and I probably won't be back until Monday night to update about how sweet this semester will be. :) I love my major.

+Love+

It was just
One of those nights
Just one of those fabulous flights
A trip to the moon
A gust in the wind
Just one of those things
"Just One Of Those Things" sung by Nellie McKay or John Pizzarelli
(can't decide which one I like better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment