Friday, August 6, 2010

All Kinds of Time.

...That's what it felt like, anyways. Until this month started and reminded me that summer is NOT endless.

Hey lovers.

I hate tuition time. It's when my parents and I butt heads about deadlines and the like. I'm pretty much learning all this on my own, with help from Morgan. So let's hope it all works out. I know it's my third year but ahhh so many factors are affecting my tuition.

I got my electronic bill reminder the second day in California. I remembered to send Oak Crest my schedule so that they could process my scholarship but ahhh, I just love how slow they work sometimes. However, since I was in Cali from the 14th (the bill came on the 15th) till the 28th, I had less than a week (4 business days) to figure all this shit out. And my mom was out of town so it wasn't like I could get her to help me, even though there wasn't much she could do.

But, Morgan saved the day.

So hopefully all goes well, and my papers will be processed by the 16th because that's when my classes will be dropped. Well, the two that are left. Funny. It's because I changed my major.

I was dumb and tried to add classes after dropping them a day after my bill due date... they wouldn't let me add anything now, so I look like a part-time student. I hope to god that won't affect my financial aid. But they should have already processed it by now, and I informed them that I was going to be a full time student.

I hate all of that.

Anyways, I finally officially changed my major! I've been so happy since I actually started doing it. I feel so much more excited about it than my previous major. I can't see myself sitting in front of a computer for 4 hours every class. That would kill me. And I dunno, Sam seems so much more passionate about it than I ever was, so I decided maybe I should take a step back and look at what makes me as happy as he is.

Turns out, it was jewelry/metals. Duh. Anna hit me up Monday night to come to the studio on Wednesday. Even though I was committed to going to this party Tuesday night, I was stoked. I didn't sleep very much at all... I was in bed at 4, and woke up at 9:30. But I took a really long nap Tuesday night so I was still relatively well rested.

Anyways, I came in and it felt fabulous to see familiar faces and a familiar setting :) There was Anna, Megan (Dattoria), Rachel, Amy, and Janet!!! I love Janet like you wouldn't believe. I hate that I probably won't have her again. And I finally formally met Jan! Ahhhh after talking a bit to her, I was completely psyched. I went home and told the world about how I had finally done it.

So I took advantage of this time to finally make a new band for my shitty ring that I've been wearing since the beginning of the summer. The band for the stone was no more than an eighth of an inch, so it was flimsy and easily bent and dented. And in my rush at the end (because I was rushing to get to the financial aid office), I melted the piece that the stone was set in. Ugh. I'm so mad at myself for that.

And yet again, I've taught myself a lesson (I seem not to have learned) that you can never ever ever ever ever rush work. Because for someone like me, I'll know and I'll never be completely satisfied. And don't skimp on materials. Even if you are a poor college student.

But I'm pretty satisfied with the side design. I just wish I had more silver so I could make the band a bit thicker, but I'm gonna work harden it when I'm done and polish it nice and shiny :) And sand/file the edges to a nice, subtle, beveled finish.

And that would be evidence of my mistake of rushing. Augh. Whatever. I also think I made the band kind of tight but I can probably put it on another finger. Or it'll fit perfect when winter comes around and my hands aren't as swollen from the heat.



And I don't believe I've ever shown my hinge. It was the sample... piece of crap because I really just wanted to get that out of the way so I could start on my final project from last semester. It looks perfect on one side but when you flip it over and see the crap solder and odd hinge fold... hahah.

This semester I'm definitely going to try, use, and master the hinge that Rachel taught me to use. Like the legit hinges you find on your door, except in miniature.

Rachel told me Amy would be in the studio all the time and that I should go in. I probably will after I get moved in next week, but as of now I have to deal with the tuition and my apartment. And last minute friend-hangouts.

Oh, since this jewelry based... I finally bought a new necklace that I think I love as much as my necklace I took a picture of in the banner up above. I've had the one in the banner since about 10th grade.

Lazy. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment