Saturday, November 6, 2010

While Warning About Fat, U.S. Pushes Sales of Cheese

via NYtimes.com

As I write this, I'm feeling guilty about that slice of cheese I just put on my egg/spinach sandwich.

And really regretting how much I splurged today. I really really ate way too much; I haven't done this in FOREVER. Tomorrow; back to normal. Wednesday; yoga with Anna and Brianna.

This article uses Domino's Pizza as a starting point to demonstrate yet another disregard for "the right" in favor of money. Money rules the world. Domino's found that their sales were horribly poor, and so they developed this new pizza with 40% more cheese. Which meant more oil, too. Their sales sky rocketed in comparison. And yet another push to add more saturated fats into the diet of America.

One slice contains two-thirds of a day's maximum amount of saturated fats.

I can't wait until I eat in Italy where the food should be significantly healthier by default (because everything in the US is "MORE MORE MORE!")

No comments:

Post a Comment